Certificate of Advanced Study in Women's Integrative Health
Certificate Level: Graduate
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Certificate Type: Certificate
Number of Credits to Completion: 12.0
Instructional Delivery: Online
Calendar Type: Quarter
Expected Time to Completion: 2 years
Financial Aid Eligibility: Not aid eligible
Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code: 51.3300
Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code: 29-1199
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Women’s Integrative Health provides healthcare professionals with a mind-body-spirit approach to care. Studies have shown that women desire a broader, integrative approach to their healthcare and share a philosophical congruence with Complementary and Integrative Health core values. In this program, students learn to integrate evidence-based complementary and integrative therapies such as phytomedicine, nutrition, mind/body, and energy therapy modalities within the framework of conventional healthcare practice.
Integrative healthcare reaffirms the importance of the relationship between practitioner and patient, focuses on the whole person, and utilizes all appropriate therapeutic approaches, both conventional biomedicine and complementary and integrative health practices to achieve optimal health and healing. Women’s Integrative Health provides a model of care that is most compatible and reflective of women’s emotional and psychological needs in the health care relationship and prepares students to incorporate an innovative, caring and holistic spectrum of treatment. Students learn to explore the fullness of women’s lives, taking into account a woman’s beliefs, intuitions, and preferences for care which allows them to form a healing partnership, while providing their patients with the finest possible healthcare.
Features & Benefits:
- This pioneering program in Women’s Integrative Health provides healthcare professionals evidenced based integrative treatment protocols that are holistic, addressing the mind, body, spirit complex that are inherently personalized and individualized.
- Courses are taught by leading Women’s Integrative Health Practitioners and internationally-recognized experts in complementary and integrative therapies.
- Courses are offered entirely online in a dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- 2.75 GPA or above on all previous coursework
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in a health-related field from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- A completed application form
- Nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistants, and other healthcare professionals who hold licensure or a certificate: copy of license, eligibility for licensure, or certificate
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (no more than two pages and no less than one page double-spaced) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of the followings:
- Why you are choosing this particular program of study
- Your plans upon completion of the certificate
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program
- International students will need to meet university international student admissions guidelines, including TOEFL Program Requirements.
|CIT 503||Holistic Living For The Caregiver||3.0|
|CIT 534||Witches, Wise Women and Women Healers||3.0|
|CIT 602||Women's Integrative Health||3.0|
|CIT 658||Advanced Women's Integrative Health||3.0|
For more information about this program, contact:
Additional information is also available on the Drexel College of Nursing and Health Professions Women’s Integrative Health web page and the Drexel University Online Women’s Integrative Health web page