Certificate in Homeland Security Management
The graduate certificate in Homeland Security Management seeks to produce professionals practicing in the defense and security of the homeland in both the public and private sectors. This online program has been designed for employees of federal, state, and municipal government, especially those involved in law enforcement, facilities, emergency medical personnel, fire personnel, and concerned citizens. Prospective graduate students at Drexel who may be interested in courses in this program include those studying construction management, architecture, and engineering (all disciplines).
This certificate provides, in a concentrated format, the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed in this important area for students who do not wish to pursue a master's degree, but who would value a credential that demonstrates their learning. Credits from the Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security Management can be applied toward an MS in Professional Studies.
Students in this certificate program will develop competencies and knowledge relating to:
- homeland security strategy and policy development
- national security issues in terrorism
- critical infrastructure protection
- national security intelligence
- land and maritime border and port protection
- developing technologies in homeland security
Specifically, graduates of this program will be able to:
- Design and modify plans and programs at federal, state, and/or local levels to reflect the evolving strategic policy issues associated with a statutory and presidential direction for homeland security.
- Recognize terrorist groups’ proclivities in order to forecast the risks, types, and orders of magnitude of terrorist threats most likely to confront the nation-state.
- Develop policies, procedures, and protocols to allow seamless agency integration from prevention to incident response scenarios.
- Recognize the multidisciplinary nature of homeland security functions and be able to assess and integrate various functional areas.
For more information, visit Drexel Online's Graduate Certificate Homeland Security Management page.
|HSM 544||Introduction to Homeland Security||3.0|
|HSM 549||Terrorism and Homeland Security||3.0|
|HSM 554||Critical Infrastructure Protection||3.0|
|CST 604||Technology for Homeland Security||3.0|
|CST 609||National Security Intelligence||3.0|