Minor in Project Management
About the Minor
Project management focuses on the management of teams of people and other resources in the planning, design, execution, and implementation of various aspects of projects in practically every industry. The minor in Project Management provides students with the skills necessary to perform successfully as members of project management teams.
The minor in Project Management will provide a foundation for graduate education in project management and prepare interested students to pursue the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® or Project Management Professional (PMP)® credentials from the Project Management Institute (PMI) .
A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) must be earned in each course in this minor for the minor to be awarded.
- Open to Drexel undergraduate students in any discipline.
- Must have sophomore, pre-junior, junior, or senior standing.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Application to Add a Minor form (approved by the student's primary academic advisor)
- No more than 2 courses or 8.0 credits can be counted towards any additional major/minor/co-major or certificate.
- No more than two transfer courses may be used to complete this minor. Transfer credits must be taken before matriculated at Drexel.
- Students should check the pre-requisites of all classes when selecting electives. It is the responsibility of the student to know pre-requisites.
- Cannot do a major and a minor in the same field of study.
|Introduction to Project Management
|Essentials of Project Planning & Scheduling
|Essentials of Project Leadership and Teamwork
|Select four (4) additional courses:
|Essentials of Project Quality Management
|Essentials of Project Estimation & Cost Management
|Essentials of Project Risk Assessment & Management
|Essentials of Managing Multiple Projects
|Essentials of International Project Management
or any course with a subject code of PROJ and a course range of 400-499.
CAPM, PMP, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.