Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations
Certificate Level: Graduate
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
Number of Credits to Completion: 12.0
Instructional Delivery: Online
Calendar Type: Quarter
Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
Financial Aid Eligibility: Not aid eligible
Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code: 11.0701
Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code: 11-3021
About the Program
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program in Computer Science Foundations accepts applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree in areas other than computer science and offers them opportunities to learn the fundamentals of programming and theory in computer science. The aim is to provide an efficient and systematic education on the basics of computer science without any prerequisite education.
Through this program, students will gain the ability to:
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired computational needs.
- Function effectively on a team to design and implement a software system.
- Apply sound software engineering principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Understand the implementation and use of existing software tools and systems.
- Apply fundamentals of computer science in at least one sub-discipline.
Please visit the College of Computing & Informatics website to learn more about admission requirements.
For more information about this certificate program, please visit the College of Computing & Informatics website.
|CS 501||Introduction to Programming||3.0|
|CS 502||Data Structures and Algorithms||3.0|
|CS 503||Systems Basics||3.0|
|CS 504||Introduction to Software Design||3.0|
Sample Plan of Study
|CS 501||3.0||CS 502||3.0||CS 503||3.0||CS 504||3.0|
|Total Credits 12|